Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Transfer 12 - Week 5

I can't believe this transfer is almost over! They are just getting faster and faster. My companion, Elder Deal goes home this Saturday and I will be getting a new companion on Friday at Transfer Meeting. Pretty insane. This past week was pretty cool because we were able to get two less actives to church! It's always hard to get people to come to church because it's so far away from where they actually live so you know when someone comes to church they actually have some real interest and are willing to meet with us, read the Book of Mormon, etc. Random Weather Update: The weather is actually fairly cool up here in Linkou and I'm so happy that I'm here for the summer! Every once in a while, for meetings and church we go down to Taoyuan and it so hot and crowded down there! I don't know how I ever was able to do that! So yes, all is well in Linkou ;) This week we were able to fun into a few high school students and teach them a bit about God. To be brutally honest, I'm still not sure if they are interested in God or just two cool foreigners who speak some mean Chinese but regardless, we're going to meet with them again and lay down the law! If they're not interested, it's still ok because at least we gave them some good impressions, not to mention their killer instagram photo with foreigners that I noticed one was posting after snapping a photo with us. (happens a lot actually.)
We just got back from lunch with our wonderful Ward Mission Leader who treated us to some delicious hot pot! Brother Lu is a boss. This week I'll be sending off my companion, he officially having bled out by that time. I always wanted to "kill" someone.
Happy Father's Day to my Dad!! So thankful that my Dad has always been there for me and I'm so excited for when I get home so him and I can eat a steak together while watching the game and reminiscing about our Taiwan missions. Love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment