Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Transfer 12 - Week 2

Hello everyone, this last week was really good! As I wrote last week, my companion Elder Deal got pretty sick last Sunday so he was out for a good few days. 

For some reason, I've been getting a lot of sick companions but he's better now so it's all good! We were contacting the other day and we met a really cool old lady, Zeng Ama (Grandma Zeng) and she was probably the coolest old lady I've ever met. She's like 70 but she looks about 50 and she was wearing some groovy pants covered all over with a flower pattern. So we started talking to her and she was really interested in our free English class so we talked to her about that for a minute and then told her we are actually teaching about Jesus Christ too and asked if we could meet with her another time (she was in a hurry) and talk about it to which she said, "Sure, how about tomorrow in my apartment's lobby?" So we met with her the next day and at first, she didn't seem too interested, but we just kept teaching and once we started teaching the "1st lesson" (Joseph Smith and the Restoration) she really liked it, had many questions and said at the end that it made it all clear for her. She didn't accept a baptismal date but she still wants to meet with us this week and we're going to teach her about the Book of Mormon. I'll have to get a picture with her, she's the coolest G-ma ever! 

So ya highlight of the week was talking to this super cool lady. Oh and we're also going to start setting up some service at the hospital over here this week so that'll be cool to start volunteering at the hospital. It'll be a good week! And shout out to my sister Heather! Happy Birthday! Oh I guess I should say Heather, M.D. Congratulations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment