Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Transfer 12 - Week 4


Overall, it was a good week! We had two investigators come to church! It's been really cool to see people actually coming to church! Because our area is new and on top of a mountain, 30 minutes away from church, not a lot of people have come! I think we're slowly getting this area going and still just trying to find those people that are ready for the Gospel. I've been reading in the Old Testament, in Chronicles area, and it's tough! The other parts of the Old Testament seem a bit more colored and have a lot of meaning behind the text but I'm having a hard time reading this section. 

However, I guess this is just reinforcing the principle of "Add oil" as the Taiwanese here love to say. So I'm plowing through it and very excited to get to Proverbs, Isaiah and those guys. Today we're actually going to an Adventure Time exhibition in Taipei and I'm so excited!! Adventure Time is an awesome, ridiculous cartoon show and yes, I like it a lot. The other day while we were contacting, we could not seem to be able to talk to anyone! (It was raining too) So we stopped for a second and thought. We decided on an ice cream from Mickey D's to get the flames going and what do you know, we ran into a really nice couple! I think it was the ice cream, giving us an innocent, harmless look. Their name is Kang and they were super curious as to what we're doing, how we can speak Chinese, etc. We chatted with them and lightly turned it towards the spiritual (always takes that inevitable turn) and they were actually sincerely interested so we taught a little bit about God and Christ and they set up to meet with us again! We'll see them in a few days and we're pretty excited about them! I myself am doing well and Sean actually emailed me saying that I have less than 6 months now! Pretty insane. 

Time has really flown by and it's just gotten faster and faster the longer I've been out but I think it'll be a good last sprint! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment