Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Transfer 11 - Week 5

Hello good chaps, you remember the homosexual oriented Mariah Carey loving investigator? Well, he's awesome! We met with him a few days ago and about 10 minutes before we're scheduled to meet, he calls us and asks if he can bring two friends to which we say of course! So we met with all three, basically re-teaching the first lesson and it went really well. One of the friends is atheist and the other is a Catholic, though both were very curious to our church and why it's different, etc. So it was a good lesson and by the end of it we gave them some BOM's and invited them to read it to which they said they would. Sunday night we put together a little Book of Mormon "Trailer" performance for our ward's viewing pleasure. Basically what we did is pick out some stories from the Book of Mormon and then acted them out one after another rapidly so it was a sort of "trailer". It was pretty fun! The kids especially liked it. 

This week is transfer meeting so this Wednesday night we'll figure out if anyone is moving so I'll let you know what happens next Monday, if I'm in the same place, if I have a new companion, etc. Also, one of my good missionary buddies in my district Elder Allred is going home this Saturday! Oh and I forgot to mention that my trainer, Elder Kaluhiokalani and my 2nd companion, Elder Beck, went home last transfer! And the Sisters that started their mission the same time as me are going home this Saturday as well. I'm getting a bit older in terms of missionary transfers but it's ok because being a sappy old missionary, I'm told, is a good thing.



Me wearing Elder Gao's polar bear tie on Daxi bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment