Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Transfer 11 - Week 6

Well, I moved! I've got a new companion, Elder Deal, he's from Alabama and we get along really well! It's been really nice to be able to speak English, so my English will probably be a bit more bearable. Actually, looking back, that was probably why my emails in Daxi were so short! Anything English was just weird haha. Before I left my last area, however, I was able to say goodbye to Zhang Da Quan, the Mariah Carey loving investigator who was really cool and interested in the Book of Mormon, so hopefully I can stay updated with him! So right now I'm in Linkou!!! 

If you remember, while I was in Xinzhuang, we'd bike up the "Linkou Hill" to come up here and do some missionary work. Well now we just opened a new area here! So this is the second time opening up for me but I'm happy to say that our apartment already has a washer! It's pretty cool to come back because I always thought it would be cool to come and be the "Linkou Elders". It was funny, it was actually my first day in the area last Friday so we went out contacting and walking down the street, I saw someone that looked familiar so I went up and started talking to him saying that I had seen him before. And he was like ya! You talked to me a year ago, you were that one missionary! So that was pretty crazy to run into this guy randomly, though he still wasn't really interested in anything with the Gospel. I told him if I run into him one more time, for the third time, he would have to come to church to which he said he would haha. So this area is actually pretty similar to my last area, Daxi, in that it is on top of a mountain, we have like 1 active member in the area, and it's about half an hour to the nearest church. So it's going to be tough just like Daxi was but it should be good! 

We've already got a few set ups with less actives and some new investigators so it's been a good start! Want to give a shout out to my wonderful mother and for all she does for me! I love you Mom! Call you on Skype soon  :)


My new thing. Making mini Margherita pizzas on toast, delicious!

So my companion has this "eye massager" thingy so we tried it out. The part that rests on your eyes is a bit dirty so we used a shirt to cover our eyes and this was the result. The massage was nothing special. I can't see through that by the way





No comments:

Post a Comment