Sunday, November 30, 2014

Transfer 16 - Week 4

Well first off, our investigator Chen Xin Hua quit coffee and tea cold! We taught her the Word of Wisdom, knowing she drinks tea and coffee, and when we committed her to follow it she just said,"Ya I can do that. I just need to find some drinks to replace them." So we suggested hot chocolate and fruit tea. She said she'll do it! She's a boss. She's probably not going to get baptized until after I leave, however. But it's ok! It's pretty crazy, a lot of members and investigators and stuff are starting to want to take us out to eat, I've actually been full recently! As of late, Elder Kennedy and I have been working on Chinese a good amount. I realized the other day that I've been here for 2 years and my Chinese isn't too shabby, so I told Elder Kennedy that I'm going to start helping his out and that might mean I'll be correcting him a lot, but he said it'd be good so we've started to read the Book of Mormon out loud together every morning and any time he says something wrong, I correct it. Luckily he's so humble! I feel I wouldn't take correction very well... He's also going to pass off Phase 1 next week! So things are going well and we're just trying to work hard and find those prepared! 



No comments:

Post a Comment