Sunday, July 20, 2014

Transfer 13 - Week 3

Well this last week we had our temple day on Wednesday as you might recall so it was a shorter week but still very good! First story, we were contacting an old, really nice man and had a good conversation going about Christianity and our church. Then, out of nowhere, in broken but understandable English says to me,"You are a very elegant man." I definitely let loose some giggles. 

Random stuff like this actually happens all the time but I realized none of you are aware of these classic moments so I thought I would share. Second Story. This was actually a couple weeks ago in our Gospel Principles class at church but it's worth mentioning. We were at the beginning of the class, introducing the investigators, newcomers, etc. and one man in the back, was a bit shy and couldn't be heard. A member, Sister Chen Wei, a very outgoing woman, yells,"That's Brother Lin! I've taught him with the missionaries before! I know why he's not baptized yet! It's TITHING!!" After everyone had gotten control of themselves and stopped laughing, I was still trying to keep it in but it was all priceless. 

Ok so now on to missionary work.We had finished lunch and I noticed this guy who had just pulled up with his scooter outside and I took notice of him (he looked kind of like a punk and was looking at me through the window) but didn't think much of it. A minute later we came out of the cafe during lunch when this cool guy, Eric (his English name) came up and started talking to us about church. We were just on our way to another appointment so we told him we couldn't talk long but we could meet him in two hours at the church and give him a tour. He said sure! So we met with him and gave him a tour and at the end invited him to baptism and he said yes! The only sad thing is that this was during exchanges so he's not actually my investigator... But team Jesus right! I think he'll get baptized about a month from now and will keep you updated. 

In our area, we found a really cool investigator. Equally as cool, just not as cool of a story. We were walking down the street, he seemed nice, we talked to him, has interest, exchanged information, set up a later time to meet, high fived goodbye and thanked God that we found a new investigator. Anyway, this email is a bit lengthy, because I don't have any pictures to send... Sorry! Oh and three Philippino less actives came to church! Apparently they've been living in Linkou for some time but haven't known where a church is because they don't speak any Chinese. So that was cool! 

Alright, love all of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment