Monday, April 14, 2014

Transfer 11 - Week 2

This week we were able to watch General Conference and it was great! For Saturday's conference, we spent the whole day in Taoyuan at the stake center watching it so the bus ride back we had about an hour or so. I talked to the guy I was sitting next to and after getting to know him a bit, turns out he's Christian! I chatted with him about church and slowly got to the Book of Mormon. By that time, an hour had already passed and I didn't even realize so right when I had given him the Book of Mormon we had arrived at our stop. I told him it could change his life and sped walk off the bus so the bus driver didn't keep going! I got his number and information and he actually asked for my Facebook so it was definitely a miracle! He says he lives up in the mountains of Daxi so he's our first investigator that lives there! 

Daxi has 4 parts. The main, small city (a few streets), a whole bunch of farmland with small houses here and there (a very big area) which surrounds the city, mountains on one side of the city that is very hard to bike up and is pretty far from the city (where he lives) and then another area super far away called Fuxing, which by bike, is practically inaccessible, requiring 2-3 hours of biking from what people have said. So we're pretty excited about this guy, Wu Bo En, or his English name is Samuel. Never been up in the mountains before so hopefully it will lead us to not only him but maybe a whole bunch of new people! 
Woke up this morning and Elder Gao's kidney stones were acting up again so hopefully it's just a temporary thing... Looking forward to the week! 

Love you all! 


First picture a little blurry but I'm sending it because it captured my shoes. Look at those beautiful bad boys! 




Elder Gao and I after Conference! 





No comments:

Post a Comment