Monday, April 14, 2014

Transfer 11 - Week 1

Well this week was definitely one to remember. Last Monday I mentioned that Elder Gao had gotten a kidney stone and we had gone to the hospital to get it taken care of. Little did we know that it would take him about a week to get over the pains, poor guy, he was in a good amount of pain those first few days. So, this last week we were inside our little apartment pretty much the whole time! We went outside a couple times to buy food but even that we barely managed because walking for him was pretty painful. 

By Saturday however, he was pretty much better, though still having a little pain, so we just rode our bikes very slowly, for fear of bringing on any pain, and knocked some people's houses. Monday through Friday was definitely one of the longest periods of time I've had on my mission. My time first consisted of calling random people to try and get some set ups but after I had called everyone, it then turned into organizing, after that was done, it turned into scripture and Chinese study and then it turned into switching off studying and playing guitar. Then a couple days went by and we were still inside... Definitely a refiner's fire of some kind. Elder Gao is doing better now and I'm very excited for this week ahead, because we'll be able to go outside! 

Ya! I hope you all have a great week! 


I bought steak on Saturday night so I could cook it for Fast Sunday dinner. Delicious! 




No comments:

Post a Comment