Monday, April 14, 2014

Transfer 10- Week 3

Well this week it rained a lot! (I'll send some pictures) However, one day we had a few miracles! We went to a park to contact and came across a middle-aged man sitting on a bench, overlooking a valley filled with farms and fields. I sat next to him and started chatting with him. Elder Gao, not being able to join in on the conversation due to physical awkwardness, looked behind him to find two high school age students and started talking to them. 

I talked to the man about Christ and how he strengthens and guides us, teaching a little lesson that he seemed to be open to. After talking with him, I joined my companion a few strides off and he had just finished with them as well, teaching them about prayer and the power of it. All three people set up to meet with us again! We're set up with all three of them this week and we're pretty excited because they all seem pretty good! Things seem to be looking up though this week we're still pretty much contacting all day, it's been a while since I've taught a sit down lesson it seems like haha, most of them being on the street, in obscure back alleyways or in the doorway of someone's house. 

Recently, I've developed a little bit of a crazy fire for studying Chinese and it's been really good! Try and keep it going as long as possible haha. Love you all! 



Studies! English scriptures, Chinese dictionary, Scripture markers, Chinese Bible, Translator and cup of mint tea! (Don't worry, the tea is pure peppermint!) 




Having lunch with one of my Dad's old friends! 



First attempt...




It was raining pretty hard haha... My normal rain jacket was soaked from before so I didn't have it on but someone we knocked into gave me this little poncho thing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment