Sunday, September 15, 2013

Transfer 6 - Week 2

Hey hey hey! 

I'll try and keep my emails less broad and more specific to details I've decided so here it goes. This week wasn't too bad though we got stood up a good amount of times so that's about average. One cool thing that happened though was the other day we were heading out to go contacting and that day I was just really really praying in my head and literally the only thing that had been on my mind was finding a new person to teach and just kept praying that we could find someone. So we left the apartment and started biking down the street to the area we wanted to go to. 

We passed a sidestreet and I had the thought "go down there" and I immediately thought "is this where we're supposed to go?" I hesitated for a second or two because we were going downhill and to turn around, especially in Taiwanese traffic, is a little tricky. So I told Elder Leo hey let's check out that road back there and we turned around back up the hill and turned onto the street. At the end of the street we found our man. He was sitting on his scooter watching some construction workers a distance off and so we just pulled up next to him and started talking to him. 

We got talking about God and it turns out he's Christian but doesn't know too much about it. We asked if we could meet with him sometime and could teach him more about Jesus Christ and His church and he said ya! So we're seeing him tonight at the church! It was pretty cool. 

Another thing about this week is I've decided to be a crazy person basically. Haha meaning I study like crazy and when we're out working I've decided I just want to work like crazy and be super diligent. So I kind of renewed my Chinese Study and have started reading a lot out of the Book of Mormon (Chinese) everyday. Used to read about a chapter but now I average about 20 pages. So it's really helped my Chinese and in terms of missionary work it's also helped! Like that one guy we found. I think diligence stems from desire and recently I've just had some weird desire to be better so that's what I'm trying to do. 

Maybe it's because I've also been out for a year and am turning 20 and am having some sort of a mid life crisis. But regardless, it feels good haha. Not saying that I'm chasing people down and declaring that they must repent or anything extreme like that but just really, really seeking to have the Spirit and trying to make it so there shouldn't be any reason not to have it. Don't know if this last part made sense! Anyway love you guys and know that I'm still having fun no worries! Today we're going to the zoo! I hear they have a penguin exhibit so I'm pretty stoked. I'll make sure to nab some pictures. Love you all!
 
Love,
Elder Hagedorn



Went on a hike with two of the zones here! Took up most of Friday! Went on a hike up in the mountains with a bunch of the missionaries and the President and got some spiritual training.
 



Flipping monster spider! In australian accent "look at the size of that creature!"






No comments:

Post a Comment