Sunday, September 8, 2013

Transfer 6 - Week 1

Hello!
 
This last week my companion and I were during our weekly service at a "rest home" type of place that blind people can go to live and have activities and things like that. We were there for our weekly routine of just helping out however we can, this time setting up for an anniversary party they would be having the next day. Us missionaries and a few other volunteers were there, one of them, seemed to stick out a bit so we struck up a conversation with him while setting up chairs and such. His name is Aker, Brother Lu, and he's a college student, attending the college that sits atop the glorious "Linkou Hill", studying tourism. He's a cool guy. While at service, we chatted with him a little bit and ended up scribbling down his phone number before we left because we had some things come up that we had to get to quickly. I called him the next day and he said he was busy at the moment but would get back to me. Terrific. A few days later, on Sunday, I was sitting at my desk during dinner time and feeling, possibly overwhelmed, or unmotivated, or whatever the feeling was I wasn't quite sure. But I was just sitting there at my desk, having finished dinner. I had the thought to call some referrals so I did and about 5 in a row didn't pick up so I didn't think much of it. One ended up calling back but wasn't very interested in talking to missionaries. I set the phone back down on my desk and continued to just sit, feeling slightly uneasy/antsy because we hadn't gotten much done in terms of measurable success. I said a quick one second prayer consisting of "Help us out" and then a few seconds after that Aker called and asked if we still wanted to meet with him. We then met with him 15 minutes later at the church and taught him about prayer and the Book of Mormon. He's willing to read and said he would start reading and praying. I think God is sometimes just waiting for us to try a little bit and put forth some effort, then, recognizing we need His help, he helps us the rest of the way. As usual, I'm a little tired and no more thoughts seem to be coming to my head so I'll leave that as the email for this week. I love you all and have just now realized an absence of the use of exclamation points so I'll use a few here now! I hope everything is going well for all of you!
 
Love,


Elder Hagedorn!


My son!



Sister Boyer is moving so we had to grab a few pictures!



Sister Boyer is moving so we had to grab a few pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment