Sunday, February 24, 2013

Week 5 in Taiwan

Hey everybody 

I'm feeling better! I went to the doctor the other day and turns out I had the stomach flu(at least I think that's what the chinese translates to, some sort of stomach virus)! That was not too much fun. We weren't sure what it was before going to the doctor and just figured something bad was in my stomach and wanted to come out so we got some laxatives at the pharmacy. Ya, I was super excited... So I popped them in my mouth and nothing happened the whole day. Then at the end of the night we were waiting for an investigator to meet us and boom, I felt something coming. I rushed to the bathroom in the back of the family mart we were in (just like a 7-11) and had the night of my life. Man, that rocked my world. Good thing there was a little support bar thing to the side of the toilet, I thought I was about to tear it off the wall! I felt like I was giving birth or something. So the next day we went to the doctor and after he diagnosed me I asked him if using laxatives was a good idea for what I have and he said no it wouldn't be good to use those... I've learned my lesson. I will never forget that fateful night in the back of a family mart in Xinfeng, Taiwan. 

Needless to say the whole week was a tough one. I still felt a bit sick, though I'm better now, and all our investigators appointments kept on falling through! Probably 60% of our appointments fell through for some reason. Either they would call us a few minutes before saying they couldn't or they wouldn't show up, we'd call them and then they wouldn't pick up! And while we were contacting we had a rather extravagant number of old ladies yelling at us to go away because they were the landlord or something and had video cameras watching us, so that was rather austere of them but it's alright. So we had a few rough contacting nights as well. But...! Despite some trials during the week we saw a miracle on Saturday! The Lin family had plans to get baptized the next day on Sunday so we decided to visit them and just make sure with them about the baptism and everything. When we got there however, only the dad was home. And at first we were kind of bummed because it's the wife and kids getting baptized, not him he hasn't been getting the lessons and has only been half interested. But when we realized after a second our opportunity to teach him one on one, or I guess two on one, we had to take it. And I guess he had the same thoughts! So we started talking to him about the baptism the next day and he said ya sure it's fine for all of them to get baptized but can I too? And we were like well you can't tomorrow but I'm sure we can work something out! So we set a date in April and we'll start to teach him weekly now too! He's such an awesome guy, his only problem is the Word of Wisdom, man does he love his tea. Haha he loves that stuff. But I know we can help him quit and I could see at the baptism yesterday with his family, they were so happy and they fit right in with our members. 

I know God is continually pushing along his Work and I'm glad I can help bring about a tiny little part of that. I'm so thankful for what this Gospel does for families and that we can live eternally with ours. I love you family so much. And of course, my dear friends, you are all amazing too. 

Love you all, 

Elder Hagedorn


Lin Family! So awesome. We'll get the dad too don't worry! Notice how he's holding the little candy in front of the baby's face so the baby looks forward hahaha



Elder Keime being a nasty little thing.



Colt right before he backflopped in the water hahahaha.



I'm insane! My face. Enough said.



A water buffalo in the city...? Cooooooolllll...


On our way to the beach last P-day and got lost!! Guy with the groovy hair is Colt, a recent convert. He's just like his hair. Pretty groovy guy. 


One of the sisters in my district had a birthday last P-day so we made brownies! Elder Orchard (nice haircut) and Elder K! 





Hahaha me trying to take a picture of myself with my Hershey's Dark kisses that I love. Accidentally snapped it too early but this works. Yum



Me doing my weekly email! Faded Paper Figures!!! Yea boy!! 





Laxatives! Spongebob is big here. From pens to skateboards to backpacks to pill bags...?


Taiwan for you. 


Lost. Picture!



Elder Keime with his wet butt muahahahah






No comments:

Post a Comment