Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 4 in Taiwan

Hello hello hello! 
This last week has been quite a challenge. It's still been Chinese New Year so all of our investigators have been gone, returning to their parents homes, because that's what you do during Chinese New Year. So we've had only a few people to teach. We've mainly contacted all day everyday. 

A few days ago I was feeling really sick and went to bed feeling like I needed to throw up. I woke up a few times throughout the night to throw up and it was not fun. When I woke up in the morning I was so tired and knew that there was a whole day of contacting ahead... I wasn't the most excited and I still felt really sick. 

During studies in the morning the whole time I just felt tired and sick like I wanted to sleep. When we walked out the door is when I really started to feel it. I started thinking what am I doing? I'm super sick and I'm about to go out and bike and walk around all day? Wow, this is kind of hard. While we were biking down our hill, leaving our apartment, I started to get a little emotional because I just felt so sick and tired and that this was going to be really hard. I still felt I needed to throw up and but I knew that sharing the Gospel is more important. I probably could have stayed home and slept, actually my companion asked if I wanted to, but I knew that I couldn't do that. When I was starting to feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, that wow this is really hard right now. Biking around all day, sweating, nauseated, trying to talk to people in a different language, pretty much all of them not listening, some swearing at me and just feeling like nothing basically. 

I asked myself the question what am I doing right now? I got the answer that I'm just being a missionary. I know that the Gospel is true and that it's worth sharing with everyone and that I shouldn't take that opportunity away from anyone because everyone deserves to hear about it. Missionary work can be tough sometimes but I know it's real. 

I hope that story made sense, I typed it very fast I have to go soon! But I love you all and I'll talk to you all next week! 


Kinder!! Saw this and had to get it. Don't know why but that chocolate is actually extraordinary.


"The Fashionable Ward Clerk."

I had to be very sneaky with this photo during Sacrament meeting... I'm bad I know but I had to capture this look. Enormous rug tassel scarf...?



An American member fed us. Went to a "Wild West Restaurant" and it felt just like I was in Chili's or something back in Provo. It was a GOOD burger. 



Greetings!  My name is Craig and I'm currently living in Taiwan.  Your son is serving here in the ward I attend.  Took him and his companion out for a good American meal tonight and thought I'd send you some pictures (apologies for the low quality) and let you know he's a great missionary.  I'm jealous of him just starting his mission; makes me wish I was just starting mine again in Phoenix.  After dinner they were off to go contacting and I wanted to go with them so badly. Just know he's doing great! Hope all is well.  Happy Chinese New Year!








No comments:

Post a Comment