Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 6

Hello good people! 

I've heard about a lot of people getting mission calls and it's amazing! Congratulations! Chantelle you're going to Sweden that is so amazing! I'm jealous of the smorgasbords you are sure to have. Well this last week, just as every other has been terrific! The only downside is that I have yet to receive a letter from anyone... Though I have received 3 packages so thanks for those! The mailing system here for missionaries is pretty skiwampus at best so maybe my letters are just floating around somewhere I'm not sure. Packages get to me faster than letters for some reason it's kind of strange. Anyway if you feel like writing me feel free! 

This last week has been pretty great, filled with good food and I've captured a little bit of those things through the wonderful contraption of what is known as the digital camera so I will upload those pictures along with some other adventures and mishaps in a moment. 

Yesterday the Lin family got confirmed and the smiles on their faces after their blessings made all the work totally worth it! Still working on their dad and will keep you updated! It's been hard to meet with investigators recently and there have been a lot of no shows recently so that has been hard to have to bike down the hill to the church only to wait for no one and then have to bike the 25 minutes back up the hill... But I'll tell you, my legs are quite "swoll" as the kids put it these days. We have, however, been able to find some awesome new investigators and we had 4 potential investigators come to church yesterday while we had no actual investigators come, when 6 of them said they would go... So we're really trying to work with our current investigators but we've decided by a certain point if we still can't get in contact with them, we may have to move them down our priority list and replace them with our new investigators, who are awesome by the way. So this week we're unsure of what will happen and who we'll be teaching so next email I'll let you all know where our investigators are at. 

For now though, we found a Li family who is simply splendid. They're a wonderful young family of 4, dad and mom and then little boy and girl. 7 years old (darn...  so close) and 3 years old. They are so awesome and we're hoping to set up with them to teach them about God and prayer. That's our "first lesson" here because most everyone has Buddhist background or not really any background so we teach them about who God is and our relationship with Him and how we can communicate with Him. So they're awesome and well, we're just horrifically busy everyday. But it's a good busy and I feel I've adjusted completely to missionary life and have already turned into a "sappy old missionary" as one of my friends would say. So yep, we'll just keep plugging away over here and I love you and miss you all. OH and I may be an uncle next time I write! 

Love you Heather and Kael! You're going to be some marvelous parents. Well, merry day to all, and to all a good day. 

Love, 
Elder Hagedorn



Last P-Day at that one American Restaurant, Wild West. This is Vanessa, one of the sister missionaries in my districts investigators. Doing the 1500 kuai (50 US dollars) steak challenge. Needless to say she failed, sadly. In fact she threw up afterwards so really, she wasn't even close to finishing. Depending on how much she threw back up, she could have technically not eaten anything... Me and Elder Orchard (another Elder in my district) thought it was pretty hilarious.



My scriptures! (I have an English set don't worry) 



Happy missionary! The three packages I got and their contents! Yummy candy :)



Stinky Tofu!! Actually very tasty. Though rather pungent. 



At a birthday dinner for the lady cutting the cake, Alma. Cool name right? Don't know where I've heard that name before... Weird. Anyway this is Elder K making a noise I imagine a walrus would make. 



The delicious birthday cake... Soooo gooood. My ward mission leader owns a bakery and so we see his delicacies all the time at member dinners and such. Also, whenever we meet with him he hooks us up with some amazing breakfast breads. I love bread so much... 



At a stake fundraiser. There was a bear costume laying around for a later activity... We thought we'd borrow it for a minute. Elder K looking good. 










No comments:

Post a Comment