Sunday, March 17, 2013

Week 8 (Last Week of the Transfer)

Hey everybody! 

Entering into my second transfer and it's kind of crazy how fast the first one went by! Also have any of you been down to the cafe recently? Man they have a missionary wall up and it looks spectacular! Things have been pretty awesome recently.I passed off phase 1 finally!!! 

Here in Taiwan our mission has a Chinese learning program for the missionaries which consists of 3 phases. The first is church vocab, phrases, grammar, you have to practice teaching the district leader and zone leader in order to pass off each little section. It's basically Preach My Gospel in Chinese so you have to be able to teach every lesson in Chinese. Phase 2 is memorizing 2000 vocab words and phase 3 is being able to read the whole Book of Mormon in Chinese characters. Then after that you can teach yourself how to write! (So excited for that part.)  So yep I'm on phase 2 now and have the first 300 memorized! Whoo! Gotta love some Chinese study.  

Well recently Elder K and I have been teaching Brother Guo. He's been an investigator for about a year and has been meeting with missionaries every so often. So we met with him a few times and felt we should really focus on him and give him a baptismal date and work to get to that. So we gave him one and the next thing we knew he started progressing so fast! Started coming to church every week, reading scriptures, praying, going to singles activities and the whole shabang! Man he's awesome. And he's a super quiet guy so picturing him at singles activities makes me laugh. Ha when I think of him I think I get similar feelings to a proud parent. My little boy is growing up! Love this guy. 

Also we teach the Wang family again tonight as we do every Monday night for Family Home Evening and we're pretty excited! They're such an awesome family. Teaching them the Plan of Salvation and we think they'll eat it right up. I'll update more next week with them. It's starting to get pretty hot and humid here and man I do not like biking up our hill everyday and getting home just totally drenched and sticky. But hey it makes turning on the A/C feel like bliss. Guess the scriptures really do have truth! 2 Ne 2:11! hahahha sorry missionary humor coming out I guess. 

Well I love you all so much! Really! Second transfer here I come! 

Love Elder Hagedorn


Hey!



Last P-day thought we'd dine-out as a district and live it up. Soooooo goooooood



Decorated my planner cover!! Thanks for the picture Tess! :)



Some more delicious food...... Mmmmmmm



Evil dog that lives across from the Lin family (the recently baptized family) he HATES us. When we pull up he just starts barking like crazy, we don't even bother knocking on the Lin's door. When they hear the crazy barking they just go to the door haha. Totally have a double chin in this... Not gaining any weight I promise! 






No comments:

Post a Comment