Sunday, February 16, 2014

Transfer 9 - Week 6

This week has been a little crazy! The past few days has all been my new companion and I in the apartment cleaning, fixing, moving, etc. Basically anything that you can do to an apartment, we DID. So yes, we have officially moved into the new apartment and no worries, it's not as terrible at is used to be, though it still might make the weaker weep. Luckily we were able to meet with the landlord and tell him everything that needed to be fixed in the apartment, and for the most part, he fixed it all! Though they were all quick fixes and still look pretty bad, it's acceptable now. 

Normally, there's no way I would actually live in this type of place and if I saw it before my mission I might cry but being on a mission I just see it as a small trial and God's way of telling me that I need to humble myself so with this perspective, I'm actually kind of enjoying myself! When I see the bathroom now, I almost just laugh! Looking at things lightly and on the bright side is an incredibly positive thing and it's more fun so I've tried to choose this way. 


Doing missionary work this past week has been tough because all our time was dealing with the apartment. We've now officially handed over all our old investigators and less active members to the Bade missionaries and now we are officially the Daxi Elders and starting from scratch. But there's hope! We have 1 active member who lives in our area and he's great! We've been able to find a couple investigators and we ran into a less active family last night whom are really nice and willing to meet with us! Slowly going to get this place going! 

Oh and I forgot to mention I have a new companion. His name is Gao Zhao Yu and he's from Taiwan. He's 26 years old and he will now be my Chinese tutor master paedagogus. Should be a good time :) 

Love you all! Happy Valentine's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment