Sunday, December 15, 2013

Transfer 8 - Week 3

This transfer is flying by! It's the start of week 4 and I still feel like I just got here! I guess being in my last area for 5 transfers makes a few weeks seem really short. 

This last week I was with another companion for most of the time because my companion, Elder Nasman, was living at the mission office with a sick missionary, in order to give the sick missionary's companion time outside. So it was an interesting week exchanging back and forth from Taipei, about 2 hours to travel by bus and train. I would like to report some miracles but I think this week passed rather normally. 

At church, like 3 members gave us boxes of cake to take home if that counts as a miracle! It's definitely the little things. Having cake for dinner last night was pretty great. Right now we've got 3 main investigators. Little Bro Xu, who will be getting baptized Christmas. And then there's Bruce and Allen who are both pretty cool guys, though progress slower but Elder Nasman and I both feel that they already believe it's true, just a little hesitant to make the change. I'll keep you updated. Other highlights of the week... An old member in our ward thought I was Philippino! The way he said it made me unsure whether it was a compliment or an insult. (There's a little bad blood between Taiwan and the Philippines lately apparently) I told him I was half Taiwanese and that made him happy so we're good there. 

Taiwan is great. We've knocked as many doors as ever and there's as many stray, possibly rabid, dogs as ever. It's great. I love you all and hope your Christmas season is going wonderfully!



Met a cool guy who builds stuff right out of his garage! He also had a license plate from Utah on his wall!




No comments:

Post a Comment