Sunday, August 25, 2013

Transfer 5 - Week 5

Hello my wonderful family and friends! 

Honestly speaking, this last week was a bit rough haha. But it's not too bad! First off we were not able to get in touch with Brother Lin (Cookies. We call him Cookies cause he would always give us cookies) so that was too bad because he didn't make his baptismal date but I'm thinking he'll turn up. Secondly, there was another typhoon this week! So you know what that means, yep another day stuck inside! But we ended up cleaning our apartment pretty hardcore so now it's pretty nice :) Also both Elder Morgan and I's bikes broke this week on different days so we had to "scooter" our bikes across the city to the nearest bike store in the crazy traffic of Xinzhuang, Taiwan. (It's insane, trust me.) I'll have to get a picture of it or something. So we scootered our bikes acoss the city to the nearest bike store only to learn that what we needed was a brand specific part so we then had to scooter in the opposite direction basically and go to the other bike store! It was hot outside and I was definitely sweating big time, but in hindsight, I realize that I was sweating like a flipping GREASE MONKEY OUT THERE!! But it was fun. And then another thing happened is that while on exchanges, Elder Morgan accidentally typed our phone passcode wrong a few times so our phone restarted or whatever and we can't use it for 5 days so that was too bad but it was pretty funny. He was pretty down on himself cause it was hard to get hold of investigators and such but it will definitely be fun to bring this event back up with him in the future. Another sweet thing that happened is we went to a boy band concert! Oh ya! Our church has a boy band apparently called "Beyond 5" and they are doing a tour of Asia so our church sponsored them to come to Taiwan and do some concerts in some of the churches here. So we went to the one up in Taipei with our investigator Nick and it was pretty rad! Definitely made me miss good ol' N'Sync. Oh I forgot I'll be training again!! So that should be pretty fun. I'll also be staying in Xinzhuang so I'm going to be like the father figure of Xinzhuang, it'll be great. It was definitely a week full of adventures. And the work is slowly progressing as well! It's crazy, I turn 20 next month! I'm going to be so old sheesh. 

Anyway, I love you all!
 
Love,


Elder Hagedorn



Our shoes kind of get wet a lot so we make do haha.



At the Beyond 5 Concert with our peeps from Xinzhuang!




A few of us from my MTC district at the Beyond 5 concert!



On exchanges with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Forbes. It was raining so we whipped out our rain gear and this is what he had bahahaha. First thought when I saw him was 'Zone Overlord Forbes" It practically has a cape!



My planner on a normal day! Trying to start to write in Chinese more :D





No comments:

Post a Comment