Sunday, April 21, 2013

Transfer Week 2 - Week 4

Hello hello hello! 

So this last week just passed by and it's really weird! I'm not a "trainee" anymore! Crazy. I'm all grown up! Well to update you all, Brother Guo got baptized!!!!! Goodness I love this guy. He's such a scoundrel. Definitely going to be going to the single activities and stealing the hearts of women all over in Zhubei. And it was my first time actually baptizing someone! And it was in Chinese! So I was a bit nervous but it went all smoothly and it was a good experience for him. 

Also we were able to watch conference this last weekend and it was some good fun. I loved how Elder Christofferson talked about Les Miserables! Haha sometimes I miss stuff like that, my music, but how glorious the reunion will be when I get back and can listen to my Phantom of the Opera. So conference was great and it was definitely a new experience watching it here. It was a tough week (so basically a normal week) because it seems everyday we had at least 2 appointments fall through. One day we had 4 fall through! And our backup plans were to go contacting so we contacted a whole lot this last week. Usually I haven't liked contacting, partly in fact because a lot of the time I didn't understand what they were saying. But I've felt I've really started to like it and just talking to people is actually kind of fun! 

Also another thing I've started to like is calling potential investigators. People who missionaries have talked to in the past and their numbers are then written on a list for other missionaries to call because at the time of the first contact, they may not have had interest, couldn't set up or whatever the reason may be. I talked to one lady and the conversation suddenly got personal as she told me she's looking for a job and remembers past missionaries giving her a Book of Mormon, she asked if she should read it. I said definitely! I told her to read 1 Nephi chapter 3 and it turned out she lives in a different city so I sent her referral to the missionaries in that area telling them to be ready to discuss that chapter and her situation. 

I talked to another lady on the phone and she was hilarious! We both couldn't stop laughing! I'd never even met this woman but somehow we just made each other laugh. When I started turning the conversation towards church and stuff she stops laughing and she say, "Are you trying to persuade me right now?" and so I was like persuade? No no no of course not! I was thinking in my head oh shoot she's onto me. And then she starts laughing super hard again and says she's only kidding and would love to set up and meet with us. Turns out she also lives in another area so I sent that referral as well with the details of our conversation. It's strange, I feel this last week I've really started to love these people. Whoever it may be, I see them and just feel love for them. I'm definitely a sappy old missionary. We also met a new investigator the other day, Brother Zeng. He's in high school, about to graduate and he wants to be a composer. We've only met with him once and so we taught him about God and prayer, because his background is in Buddhism. We prayed at the end and after the prayer he said," I feel peace. More special than usual." We're meeting him tomorrow and we're so excited to help him feel the Spirit again. We were also able to meet with  the Liang family this week. Our families are all very busy so finally meeting with him was very nice. We taught them the Restoration and they had many questions. 

About prophets, about priesthood, about Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ and basically everything. They are very curious and sincere and inviting them to read the Book of Mormon, we feel they will come to know that everything we taught is true. Family and friends, I love you all. I know the work I'm doing is real. Hard, but real. 

Love,
Elder Hagedorn



Conference Sunday! The Elders of the district and Colt! A recent convert who has striking style. He just got a brand new suit, probably because of our influence... :)



Ward Mission Leader owns a bakery. Gives us bread every once in a while. LOVE bread!!!!!!!!!! So Happy!!!!!!!!!!



Brother Guo's baptism! 


Go out the door. It's raining. Get soaked. Get home. Sleep. Wake up. Put shoes in front of heater. Study. Hope they dry fast enough. Go out the door. Gotta love "typhoon season" :D



Oh ya! 



 Watching conference on Saturday! 





No comments:

Post a Comment