Sunday, April 21, 2013

Transfer 2 - Week 2

Salutations good people! 

I'll start off by saying numbers wise my last week wasn't the best. Didn't have too many lessons, didn't find a lot of investigators and I think we got one referral... But! This last week Elder K and I have felt we've worked the hardest and had the most purpose. We started scheduling things so we have something every 30 minutes as well as a backup plan if those things fall through and it's helped to have purpose in what we're doing throughout the whole day. As as well as being busy we see a lot of miracles! Yesterday because Elder K's bike had a flat tire we walked to church. So after church we still didn't have a ride and no one could give us a ride. Because we didn't want to walk back up the hill to our house and probably take like 50 minutes out of the day just to walk we resolved to go to the other Elder's apartment just like 5 minutes away to do our studies and sleep there overnight because tomorrow would be our P-day. (We got zone leader approval don't worry) Upon getting there we both felt we should leave, not because being there was against the rules or anything, but just because we felt we should leave. So we left and as we were walking back to our apartment we felt we should visit a certain Yang family, slightly out of the way but we thought why not. 

A part member family of 6 with only the 18 year old son being a member. Upon arriving we found the whole family was there! (A miracle in itself. Taiwan people are busaaaay. People all being home together is crazy pretty much.) So they happily let us in and as we were seating ourselves the whole family gathered around us and actually seemed like they wanted to listen to us! Less actives excited to hear the missionaries?? Anyway we start talking to them and find out they're actually all members except the dad who wasn't there. And the older sister who goes to college in another city is still active! So we teach them a bit and ask them to come to church next week and they said if we stop to pick them up they'll come! And the son said he needs a white shirt and tie so I told him I'd give him one of mine! 

Anyway they're awesome. Recently Elder K and I have really been trying to focus on Less active families and try and get them back to church. I was looking through papers and our ward has about 520 members but only about 100 are semi active to active. So we have been working with a lot of less active families. Investigators wise, are prize and joy is Brother Guo. A single guy, about 30 with slightly disheveled hair and an awkward but endearing air about him. I love this guy to death! We went over the baptismal questions with him and he passed with flying colors! We hope to get him an actual baptismal interview tomorrow night and he's scheduled to be baptized on the 13th. So proud of my boy, he's growing up big and strong! So it was definitely a good week. 

Worked hard and good things happened! I think that's about it honestly but I love you all and wish you all a happy Easter!! 


Love,
Elder Hagedorn

P.S.

Also family if you ever feel inclined to send me a package or anything... PLEASE send me some fruit leather. Maybe some granola bar type of stuff too. I love me some fruit leather. Anyway love you guys! Have fun with Sammy! 




During the "Weekly Planning Session"... Yep. 


ained a lot this week. Forgot my jacket this day. So fun though! While riding my bike through the street I kept on singing "We are Men" from Mulan. 



All of this for 80 N.T. About $2.50. LOVE Taiwan food. 



Hitchhiking out in the boonies of Taiwan on the way to church.







No comments:

Post a Comment