Sunday, June 2, 2013

Transfer 3 - Week 5

Hey peeps! 

Well I've got some news for you all. I'm going to be training next transfer! Next time I email I'll have a new companion, a cute little greenie :) though I still pretty much am one haha. It's been a good run with Elder Beck but alas, all good things must come to an end I guess! This last week has been great too! Leo will be getting baptized this Thursday, which will actually be the day of the trainer meeting I'll be going to so that'll be a fun day! 

Let's see this last week the biggest thing was probably just meeting with Leo and making sure he was ready and all that jazz. He's definitely ready! We brought him to the temple to give him a tour and he loved it! Said while on the tour he felt all tingly and warm and was showing me his goosebumps and was like "I get a really cool feeling when I pray and read the scriptures and it feels even bigger right now. It's like a seventh sense I have or something." And I laughed and told him everyone can feel it, it's the Holy Ghost and he was like really? That's so cool! Oh man Leo is so awesome! 

After the temple tour he wanted to take us out to eat for dinner so Elder Beck and I were like "We're sooooo down." That's kind of our phrase. And he took us to the nicest place I think I've ever been too! We pull up outside this hotel place that looks like it's straight out of Beverly Hills. A big courtyard with a fountain in front with Aston Martins parked on the side and here us two, sweaty missionaries are walking up with glazed eyes and  probably making small whimpering noises thinking about the hidden wonders lying inside this castle. It was a buffet. OH YA!!! It was delicious!!!! I thought I was going to keel over and die from eating that stuff. They made pasta right on the spot for you! My favorite food! Man I have not seen some real Italian pasta in sooooo long! It was a blissful reunion I assure you. It was awesome though. I have pictures :) 


Other than that though it was pretty much a normal week I'd say. All our investigators are slowly progressing, learning more and more and just being cute and stuff. I'm pretty intimidated to be training next week but hey let's do it! Time is just flying by it's crazy. Seems like yesterday I had just stepped on the island and didn't know anything and now I'm going to be teaching someone just like that! Should be fun! Anyway I love you all so much and hope all is well back home! All is pretty good over here in Taiwan! 

Love,
Elder Hagedorn



Some of the grub at the buffet! 



 The buffet! Part of it.




This was at a different place. Steak, noodles, unlimited ice cream, and that is a cup of egg drop soup with a really good bread thing over it. All for 4 bucks. Oh ya
  


At a night market. I splurged





No comments:

Post a Comment