Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Week 2


Hello again family and friends! 

I've acclimatized to MTC life quite smoothly I would say. Some days yes, I'm kind of tired and would rather sleep than study or do service or whatever we happen to be doing. We're busy basically from 6:30am to 9:30pm, but I feel good at the end of each day. And I feel my Chinese is coming along. I guess though that the first 3 weeks are mainly just focused on learning doctrine better and teaching skills with not as much a stress on language skills, the last 9 weeks will be the opposite and my Chinese will progress faster. 

Despite my best efforts, I have gained 10 pounds and have a small gullet. It's terrible but whatever. Hahahaha just kidding. I'm the same and looking the same, haven't gained or lost anything. I go to gym everyday and ball up the other Elders who think they're players. I've heard from other missionaries that the days seem like weeks and the weeks seem like days. That really is true. The laws of time don't apply here, everything is just kind of mushed together. I do enjoy it here though. Though it's only been 2 weeks, I feel I've learned a lot about myself, yes from the lessons and stuff and Chinese too, but mainly just during my own reflection times and journal writing I feel I've gained insight into myself and have become a better person, hopefully.

Tonight we're having a little devotional fireside thing, as we do every Tuesday and we're hearing from one of the general authorities! It's going to be pretty awesome. Also we have a choir that sings every Tuesday night as part of the program so I've been singing in the choir and it's been really nice. 

On Sundays I go on temple walks at about 3 and then on Tuesdays I go to the temple at about 1:45 and finish around 3:45 I'd say. So if any of you feel inclined, a "chance" encounter would be pretty awesome. Oh and here's a shout-out to Caroline's mom. She has sent me three packages consisting of cookies, letters from various family members, a book light, power bars, a glasses cleaner set, bookmarks, gummy vitamins (my favorite), and many more things. She's awesome and I just want to tell everyone that. So thank you Cindy :) 

I'm sorry I don't have much to write about because I feel this week has been very similar to last week, because it has. The exact same actually. Haha. I'm pretty excited for Ben to come here, and then Cannon and Sean. Hopefully I can be one of their hosts when they come and greet them and show them to their room and stuff, like Rickey did for me. That was pretty cool. I've taken a few pictures and will see if I can upload right after this, complete with commentary of course. I love you all and I wish I could hug all of you and tell you I love you. But I guess your imaginations will do. I'll write next week and try to make it a better letter. Love you all!! 

Elder Hagedorn



No comments:

Post a Comment