Monday, July 15, 2013

Transfer 4 - Week 5

Good morning good morning good morning! 

This last week was an interesting one because there was a typhoon! Though apparently the typhoon came in from the East side of Taiwan and then swept down South. I'm over on the West side of Taiwan so I wasn't affected as much but Xinzhuang still received a little bit of a hit. 

In some cases, rather large. (see pictures) We ended up having to stay indoors a couple days and let me tell you, I don't know if I've ever been more bored in my life! We basically just called people but you can only call people for so long until you slowly slip into madness. Ha no just kidding but yes we did in fact go a little crazy. To fight off the waves of insanity from slowly sinking in, we built a fort out of our beds and made calls inside of that. Surprisingly, it helped. (also see pictures) It was a very interesting week for sure. It was shorter because my last P-day was Wednesday and then Friday and Saturday we had to stay indoors so not too much happened this week... It's been good though. 

Let's see. I bought a classical guitar last week so it's been nice to be able to play that every once in a while. Songs like ,"Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring", Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and stuff like that, but on the guitar! So that's been very good. At night I probably have about 10-15 minutes to play so I try and make the time worth it! Also it is my dear sister Melody's birthday! So everybody post on her Facebook or something! Investigators wise, a lot of our investigators have gone out of town, to visit family and stuff, it's kind of random. One is moving to Texas and will probably get baptized over there because he's been doing really well and has been loving the Book of Mormon so we're both happy and sad about him but oh well! A few are on summer vacation and down South for a couple months, a couple have left out of town to visit their families. So it's strange all of our investigators have decided to leave about the same time so we really need to try and find some new ones this next week! Because our pool has unexpectedly shrunk! But it should be fun, love good ol' contacting. 

Man this email is lame but it's ok because I took more pictures! I made it my goal to at least take one picure everyday and I've done it this month so far! Hope you enjoy the pictures!
 
Love,
Elder Hagedorn



Our lovely church!



A Patagonia store... My dream come true.



Making calls in the tent! Like my T-shirt?



Typhoon!!



Dang...





No comments:

Post a Comment