Sunday, May 12, 2013

Transfer 3 - week 2


This last week has been pretty amazing! 

On Wednesday nights we teach a free English class as one of our service activities and as a way to meet new people. So this last Wednesday we meet a Leo, or Brother Wu, and this guy is so so so awesome. We taught him Wednesday night after English class and then met him again yesterday at church. He came early before church started with his son and we gave them a tour of the church and then had a lesson with them teaching them about the Apostasy and the Restoration. (The 1st lesson.) We invited him to be baptized next month, June 28th and he said,"Yes, of course. But can't I be baptized sooner?" We told him he could but we have a lot to teach and would have to meet with him at least twice a week and he said no problem! He understands everything we teach and asks really really good questions. 

He's super smart and is already the Gospel principles book and he even got a copy of one of the church books,"Teachings of the prophet Lorenzo Snow" and was also very curious about Joseph Smith. He wants to go to the temple with us soon so he can buy more books as well paintings and things that he can use to decorate his house with so he can feel "the same spiritual feeling again". When we invited him to be baptized we read with him Mosiah 5:8-10, which is about baptism, and after reading it he said I have a strange feeling. A good feeling, it feels like electricity is on my skin." He is SO cool! So he said he wants to be baptized June 6th which is actually my grandma's birthday too! 

Also this Friday I think I'll be taking the test thing to pass off Phase 2! Whoo so recently I just started on Phase 3, which is all the chinese characters in the Book of Mormon! Man characters are hard! But they're so cool. Anyway so Chinese is still hard... But cool :) It's been raining pretty hard lately too. I put on my normal shirt and tie with slacks but then I put rain pants over that and a rain jacket on too. Plus on my backpack I have a little rain cover that comes out of it that covers my whole backpack making it waterproof.(very nifty) So basically we look like we're pretty hardcore and a lot of people ask us if we're going camping or something which I think is awesome cause I love camping! 

Anyway it's a good way to start talking to people too! I'll have to get a picture of us with all our gear on. And this week we want to go guitar contacting! We've put together a few hymns so that'll be awesome! Very excited! Loving pretty much everything about being a missionary! I love you all though! And miss you very much! Happy Mother's Day mom! But I'll skype you tonight :) I get to skype my family tonight! Whoo! Pretty excited! Peace!

Love,
Elder Hagedorn





My bike! My loyal steed :)



Mango ice cream! Condensed milk, ice cream, shaved ice, mangoes and pudding! SOOOO GOOOODDD















No comments:

Post a Comment